Tuesday 15 May 2012

Ukraine First Rehearsal

Well - where does one start with this?!?!

It sounds completely different from the CD - Gaitana has decided to put some additional wailing in to the song - like thats gonna help?!? - Also, clearly NTU decided that 6 on stage was nowhere near enough, so they brought animated men to look like "a crowd" while she is singing - there is a backing screen within a backing screen and.... oh dear, I think i need a lie down as it ends with a tie-dyed backing screen.

There is a lot to take in and it attacks all of the senses and is the latest in a line of Ukrainian songs that slap you round the face and make you sit up and take notice of them, however the sum of the parts actually adds up to, something less than I was expecting. I was fully expecting her to come and knock my socks off - what she has done has not left me cold, rather tepid. Qualifying? - I should think so, but only because she is bullying you into it!

1 comment:

  1. It's sort of like Blue, Jessy Matador and Lena Mark 2 in a blender. Not my choice of ingredients for a Eurovision smoothie, tbh.

    ReplyDelete