Thursday 16 May 2013

Semi Final Two and I'm wrecked

Good afternoon oneuropeneers... So that was a bloody totally unsuccessful early night wasnt it? The latest yet, the most beer consumed to date and the most overcooked and hoarse performances ever by me in one evening.. My public needed me. But it was a fantastic OGAE international party at the euro cafe and well worth the obvious damage to my health which is probably beyond help now. 

I've only seen the second semi once in the first run through. There's a few wobbly camera angles which I'm sure will be ironed out, namely in Albania and Malta, Petra was struggling a bit but again I'm sure it will be fine tonight. Horrific frock though and maybe a presenter will win the Barbara Dex award this year.

The opening sequence is amazing, better described elsewhere here on the blog and I didn't see the interval act.

So the 17 songs.... This one is hard to call....

LATVIA
It's a fun opener and come up a bit but I still think its out

SAN MARINO
Still big and dramatic, trying too hard, borderline 

MACEDONIA
Lozano looks great without glasses, better today, borderline 

AZERBAIJAN
He's nervous but will be ok tonight, totally works, in 

FINLAND
Mad and fun, totally works, in

MALTA
Coming after the break and Finland doesn't help, he looks a bit lost, mmm I hope I'm wrong but they are borderline now for me

BULGARIA
Still not working for me, out

ICELAND
Vocally great but it's borderline for me

GREECE
Obviously qualifying

ISRAEL 
Powerful as hell, I think she may just squeeze in, pardon the pun

ARMENIA
This was terrible in this run through, no

HUNGARY
Very sweet but probably forgettable

NORWAY
Strong

ALBANIA
Always votes for good rock, in 

GEORGIA
Tick tick tick, in

SWITZERLAND
Another one taking his glasses off, borderline

ROMANIA
Please Eurovision gods, don't let drunks at parties let this qualify


Easier to do the definate non qualifiers here first....

Latvia
Armenia
Bulgaria
Romania

Then the definite qualifiers....

Azerbaijan
Norway
Greece
Georgia

So the remaining six places with nine fighting....

I'm more certain about Albania for the rock votes and Malta, he is still charming and so is the song. Finland has the slickly done fun, so yes just in...

So three from San Marino, Macedonia, Iceland, Israel, Hungary and Switzerland

The two ballads Iceland and Israel, mmm I think Israel just nudges the old fashioned Iceland out. 

I think San Marino will just make it from that draw. 

Same with Macedonia as its the only thing like it


So just missing out Hungary and Switzerland

So my serviette of doom in certainty order..

Azerbaijan
Greece
Georgia
Norway
Albania 
Malta
Finland
Israel
San Marino
Macedonia

Enjoy 
Rosé x 





No comments:

Post a Comment